1. Where can I get my passport
a. We do not accept any mail in applications and have no pick up/ drop off locations so you must apply for your child’s passport online at skiidaho.us/programs/passport
2. When will I receive my passport?
a. Your passport will automatically generate once your payment through PayPal has successfully been submitted and cleared. You will also be emailed a hard copy of the passport to the email address you indicated in your child’s application. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING IN THE MAIL
3. Once I receive my pass, how do I use it?
a. Just pull up your passport on your mobile device (or print it out) and take it with you to the ski hill. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the passport to be valid. Present the passport to the designated ticketing window, DO NOT turn the passport in, the ski hill will not collect them, the passport is yours to keep for the duration of the season. The mountain will track passport usage by the unique number printed at the top of the passport.
4. Do you only accept payment through PayPal?
a. Yes, all payments to the Idaho Ski Areas Association are submitted through PayPal. We will not accept credit card payments over the phone.
5. Do you have to have a PayPal account to purchase a passport?
a. If you do not have an existing PayPal account, there is no need to create one to complete the transaction, just have your credit card information ready. Please note, if you have ever had an existing PayPal account that you have not officially closed, they will require you to log in to complete the transaction.
6. What if I lose my passport?
7. My child doesn’t live in Idaho, can they still use the passport?
a. Absolutely. Any 5th or 6th grade student is welcome to use the passport if they plan on skiing at any of the participating resorts in Idaho. Find out who is participating at skiidaho.us/programs/passport
8. How is my child’s passport usage tracked?
a. Each passport has a unique tracking number listed at the top. The mountains will electronically track your child’s visits using that number each time his or her passport is presented at the ski hill.
9. Which mountains do not accept 6th grade passports?
a. Pomerelle is unable to participate in the 6th grade ski free program. However, all 18 mountains accept 5th grade passports. Get a complete list of participating mountains here skiidaho.us/programs/passport
10. Are there any additional costs with the ski free passport?
a. There is a one-time $18 processing fee due at the time of application.
11. How many times can my child use their passport?
a. 5th grade passports are eligible for 3 full-day lift tickets at EACH of the 18 participating resorts, and 6th grade passports are eligible for 2 full-day lift tickets at EACH of the 17 participating resorts.
12. What if I have additional questions about the program